Is your gluten allergy keeping you from enjoying the overflow of Halloween sweets in October? Then try out this healthy and delicious gluten-free brownie recipe that substitutes flour with black beans and tastes the same as the gooey chocolate brownies we all love.
- 1 can unseasoned black beans, well rinsed and drained
- 2 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons of oil
- 1 cup of cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon of vanilla
- 1 teaspoon of pure vanilla extract
- ¼ cup of sugar
- ¼ cup of brown sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoons of baking powder
- ⅓ cup of milk
- ⅓ cup of chocolate chips
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Oil an 8×8 baking pan and sprinkle the surface with cocoa powder.
- Whisk eggs for 15 seconds in a bowl.
- Put black beans, eggs, sugar, and oil in a blender. You can also mash the beans in a bowl first before putting them in the blender.
- Mix the blended items and whisked eggs together.
- Add salt, vanilla, baking powder, milk, cocoa powder and mix, adding an extra dash of milk if the batter is too thick.
- Add in your chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into baking pan and bake for 20-25 minutes then enjoy!
Halloween doesn’t have to be a bummer if you’re gluten free. You also don’t have to sacrifice health to get your sweet tooth in for October with this simple and tasty brownie recipe.